Summers are harsh, aren’t they? Sun tan is a result of constant exposure to UV rays which leads to increased pigmentation, hence tanned damaged skin. Tanning is much worse if you have oily skin. Dirty skin and pollution are also the contributing factors. Want your summer tan to go away? Then here are some home remedies for sun tan which will help you not just remove your summer tan but also help reverse the damage.
- This home remedy is older than one can remember and very effective. All the ingredients are available in your kitchen.
- 1 tsp. of besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- A pinch of haldi (turmeric)
- Rose water (depends on the consistency of the mixture).
Make a paste for one time use only. Wash the affected area with warm water and apply the paste. Let it dry and then wash off. Lemon helps lighten the skin as it has bleaching properties. It also helps reduce the natural oil of the skin. The besan helps scrub off the dead skin layer, haldi (turmeric) helps in healing and rose water helps sooth the skin. Apply on alternate days till you achieve the desired results.
- To make a DIY tan removing serum you need
- 6 of cucumber juice
- 2 tsp. of aloe Vera gel
- 2 vit E capsules
- 3 tsp. of rose water
- 1 tsp. of olive oil.
Apply a small amount of this serum on your face before going to bed, massage for two minutes and wash the next morning.
- Not a fan of facemasks or don’t have the time for them? Massage your face with this mixture for 2-3 min every morning or evening and wash off. What you need is
- 1 tsp. of tomato juice
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1tsp gram flour.
Honey, tomato, lemon all have bleaching and skin lightning properties, while yogurt helps moisturize the skin. All of these form great home remedies for sun tan.
- For all you lazy people out there! Here are short quick recipes involving one or two ingredient.
- Multani mitti and rose water ( in place of your face wash/body wash)
- Fresh cream and saffron (once in a week for those with dry skin only!)
- Aloe Vera gel (every night)
Before opting for any of the above home remedies for sun tan , do a patch test to see if there are any allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin or there is a reaction, immediately remove the pack and apply ice. Since prevention is better, always carry a sun umbrella, a hat, a scarf or apply a generous amount of sunscreen for outdoor activities. Continuous sun exposure can lead to permanent damage as well, which may not always be reversible. Let us know if you some other cool home remedies for sun tan not known to the world!