Vitamin E is an amazing fat-soluble antioxidant that helps the body to keep specific fats safe that are critical for health. Vitamin E deficiencies are very rare expect in few infants.
Here is why you must know about the Vitamin E rich foods. The deficiencies of Vitamin E include symptoms like impaired vision or speech and loss of muscle coordination.
What are the benefits of vitamin E?
Well talking about the health benefits of consuming Vitamin E rich foods, they are plenty and multidimensional.
The benefits of consuming Vitamin E rich foods include the following.
- Vitamin E rich foods repair damaged skin as it helps to strengthen the capillary walls of the skin. It also improves the moisture content in the skin and also the elasticity of the skin.
- Vitamin E rich foods also thicken hair as it promotes the circulation of blood to the scalp
- Vitamin E rich foods help you balance your cholesterol
- Vitamin E rich foods improve your vision
- Vitamin E rich foods keep body hormones regulated and balanced
- Also taking vitamin E supplements 2 to 3 days before and 2 to 3 days after the menstrual cycle can reduce the pain, cramping, anxiety and all other cravings related to the menstrual cycle.
Here are the richest among the Vitamin E rich foods
One Oz of almonds contains about 7.3 mg of Vitamin E
One bunch of spinach is said to contain around 7 mg of Vitamin E
3. Sweet Potato
One teaspoon of sweet potato contains about 4.2 mg of Vitamin E
One whole serving contains 2.7 mg of Vitamin E
5. Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are also rich in Vitamin E. 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds contain about 4.5 mg of Vitamin E
One oz of trout contains about 2 mg of vitamin E
A serving size of 177 gm would carry about 2.6 mg of Vitamin E.
Papaya also is a rich source of Vitamin E and it also fights indigestion and inflammation.
One ounce of wheat germ consists of about 4.5 mg of Vitamin E
10. Olive Oil
One tbsp of olive oil contains about 2 mg of Vitamin E