Its been 33 years since the Bhopal Gas Tragedy and even 33 years down the line of the corporate-crafted catastrophe no one is ready to accept the responsibility. Bhopal Gas Tragedy which hit on the intervening night of 2nd and 3rd December remains the largest man-made disaster that ever wrapped the nation. The Bhopal Gas Tragedy was a consequence of the negligence of Union Carbide India Limited.
It was supposed to be an ordinary night, where mothers were preparing the bed for their kids,fathers wrapping up the business and all planning for the next day.But who knew that a dark, thick cloud of Methyl Isocyanate
was waiting to give them a painful death, choking theirthroats with cyanide, turning their eyes red with blood oozing, and this is what we call thefateful night of 2nd December 1984.
10,000 lives taken in a single night, and lakhs of hopes with it, families into shambles andGovernment’s apathy at
the helm, with compensations, still pending, the capital city Bhopalstands on its own feet after 33 years of the gas
leak disasterTo those who ask for suggestions for a better democracy, the answer to them is, that therewere, are and will, times when pro-public decisions need to be taken.Not that the accident was inevitable, it could have been.
The Numbers that haunt
The death toll officially given at the immediate occurrence of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy was 2259. The Madhya Pradesh government later gave an official figure of 3787 deaths related to the massacre. An affidavit given by the government in 2006 stated that 558,125 injuries were inflicted by the leak. More than 38000 of these injuries were partial while around 4 thousand were severe and irreparable.
The estimates have varied time and again but one thing is sure, this leak or rather ignorance of stakeholders wrapped Bhopal in a mammoth blanket of death and there is no denying that.
RajkumarKeswani: The Journalist who had sensed the tragedy but was ignored
The Bhopal Gas Tragedy could have been evaded if the government and the corporates paid heed to what Rajkumar Keswani had to say.
A young journalist had sensed the danger that was lurking around and he even alerted the corporates of the tons of poisonbut they tried to crush him, the deaf state government lead by Arjun
Singh of the IndianNational Congress who was fed with stacks of money, and obviously the ignorant villagers and
people living in the factory who were poor and destitute due to the failed policies ofthe government and were dependent on the factory to run their livelihood.Forget about the apologies and rehabilitation, Indian National
Congress further appointedArjun Singh as the Union Minister of HRD department in 2004-09 tenure.
Warren Anderson convicted by the Supreme Court of India was never extradited despite signing an Extradition treaty with the USA on 25TH June 1997. All due to the timid courage ofIndian leadership, and alas
Warren Anderson died living a luxurious life with a grandeur residence at Long Islands!
To resist any protests against business interests, the Union Carbide Corporation (UCC) wasacquired by another company known as ‘Dow Chemical’, liability successfully dodged, andthis company has an annual turnover of more than 11,000 crores in India.
Topics changed, Ram Mandir, Shah Bano, and a lot more came to rescue the fate of Indian
National Congress. But people have not forgotten the Bhopal Gas Tragedy yet and the governments must remember this fact.
The truth is everyone pretends nothing happened on that fateful night, neither our current
SURVIVORS ARE STILL AWAITING JUSTICE
Having failed to present the grievances before the Prime Minister for the last threeyears and the Chief Minister for
the last six years, survivors of the Bhopal gastragedy on 21st November 2017 launched a protest.
A protest to draw attention to issues ofrehabilitation, justice, and adequate compensation.
The campaign called “PaanchGuhaar” took off with children with congenitalmalformations sitting in protest before large portraits of PM Narendra Modi and CMShivraj Singh Chouhan.
The Bhopal Gas Tragedy continues to be a tragedy for many!
Now you can Earn while you read, Just you need to Like, Comment, share and participate in Polls on Voiceurview.com
Points System :
Every Like = 1 Point
Every Share = 2 Points
Every Comment = 4 Points
Every Poll Participation = 5 Points.
On Voiceurviews.com you earn without any Investment, So Enjoy Reading !!
Terms & Conditions :
1. 1 Point = 1 Rupee
2. You can withdraw once you have min 100 points in account
3. You can withdraw by Account Transfer / PayTm or Apply for Gift Cards
4. All transfer will happen in 2-7 days time.
5. Voiceurviews will not take any complain if you put wrong account details
6. You need to provide all required details for successful withdrawal
7. We will send you confirmation mail after successful transfer
8. This is an promotional scheme and available only in India.
9. Any claim, complaint or dispute of any nature arising out of or in relation to the procurement, or attempted procurement by the Eligible User of any goods and/or services (each a "Claim") shall be settled by the Eligible User directly with Voix Ventures Pvt Ltd. at Mohali , Punjab.
10. Without prejudice to the foregoing, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Voix Ventures Pvt Ltd. shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, expenses or claim (whether direct or indirect) in relation to any personal injury, death, false representation, damage or omission arising from or in connection with the usage or attempted usage of the services/schemes.
11. Voix Ventures Pvt Ltd. shall not be liable to any person or Eligible Users in any manner whatsoever or howsoever for any loss or damage or claims that may arise out of or otherwise, howsoever from any refusal or failure on the part of Voix Ventures, Points / Offers or benefits or privileges given under the Offer, for any reason whatsoever.
12. Eligible Users shall contact Voix Ventures Pvt Ltd at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org for redressal in the event of any claim or non-receipt of point redeem offer, or benefits or privileges under this Offer.
13. Eligible Users are not bound in any manner to participate in this Offer. Any participation by the Eligible User shall be voluntary.
14. The Offer is purely promotional in nature and the Offer may be discontinued or altered at any time, whether prior to or during the Offer Period, without prior notice.
15. In the event that the Offer, these terms and conditions, or any part thereof is prohibited or restricted under applicable law, the Offer and/or the terms and conditions (as the case may be) may be modified to the extent required to comply with the law