Flying high and making India proud is every Indian dream of. Students are often confused with the doors of opportunity that they have to join Indian Air Force, Here are all the options and opportunities on how to join Indian Airforce…
You can join Indian air force in mainly three branches that are:
Aeronautical engineering branch:
Both men and women are eligible to apply for this branch in Indian Airforce.
Other Pre-requisites are:
Age – Person should be Between 20-26 yrs. of age during the commencement of the exam and recruitment.
Only Indian nationals are allowed to participate.
While applying for the exam person should be single/Unmarried and should be below 25 years of age limit.
When you can apply and how:
Both men and women can apply for the position while in the third year of their engendering though the minimum marks scored by them should be 60%.
Final year students are eligible to apply provided they do not have any present backlog at the time of testing and they produce provisional/ original degree issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
Advertisement Schedule – Advertisements for AFCAT are released by the IAF in the months of June and December.
Educational Qualification for Aeronautical Engineering Branch – Depending upon your stream of Engineering and subjects studied, you could join one of the sub-branches of the Ground Duty (Technical) branch. Check the educational qualification required for the sub-branches.
You can check more details at
As a graduate you can Indian air force in three main categories, Out of these three categories two categories are only specified for men while one category has both the enrolments of men as well as women.
CDSE (COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION) (FOR MEN ONLY)
NCC SPECIAL ENTRY (FOR MEN ONLY)
SSC (SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION) ENTRY (FOR MEN AND WOMEN)
Details of these exams can me read at the link given below:
This is for technical as well as Non-Technical Students
Managing human and material resources, the Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branch is the mechanism that steers the Indian Air Force.
Age limit varies between 20 to 26 while the individual should be unmarried.
As a Graduate/Post Graduate you can join as an officer in any of the following Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches.
- Graduate Degree in any disciple with minimum 60% of marks or equivalent.
- Com degree (min 3 years) with minimum 60 % of marks or equivalent.
- Graduation degree in any disciple with minimum 60 percent of marks or equivalent
- MA/M.Sc degree in English/Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry/Statistics/International Relations/International Studies/Defence Studies/Psychology/Computer Science/IT/Management/MBA/MCA/ Mass Communication/Journalism/Public Relations with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together in Post-Graduation (minimum two years programme) and 60% marks in Graduation (both recognised by UGC/Competent Accreditation Authority).
- Post Graduation Degree in any science stream/Mathematics/Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/Oceanography/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment/Geo-physics/Environmental Biology. All candidates should have scored a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in all papers of Post Graduation put together (provided Maths & Physics were studied at Graduation level with a minimum of 55% marks in both).