After 17 years the title of ‘MISS WORLD’ has come to India and we are amply in awe of Manushi Chhillar for having brought the title to India. The girl from Haryana has made the entire nation proud and the nation is revelling in pride and joy as Manushi bagged the title. We all know who Manushi is now for she is the ‘Miss World 2017’ but we bring you what is not known to you about her. Here are some fascinating facts about Manushi Chhillar, the Miss World 2017.
- Born on 14th May 1997 Manushi is just 20 years old and she has now become immortal as an element of pride in India’s tale of glory. What did you achieve when you were 20?
- Manushi Chhillar is pursuing a degree in medicine at Bhagat Phool Singh Medical College in Sonipat, Haryana. So, the budding doctor is now Miss World and that must be a very special feeling.
- Her father, Dr Mitra Basu is a scientist with the DRDO and her mother is an associate professor at the Institute of Human Behavior and Applied Sciences. Manushi’s family is highly driven by intellect and the professions speak for it.
- Manushi Chhillar besides being a medical student is also a trained Kuchipudi dancer and has also attended the National School of Drama.
- Manushi Chhillar took a brief training from Alesia Raut who happens to be the official ramp walk trainer of Femina Miss India and Miss India Universe and surely that came out to be very vital in her pursuit of the dream title.
What other title did she bag at the Miss World Event?
Miss World 2017 was not the only title Manushi Chhillar walked away with. She also won the title for Beauty With Purpose.
An answer that won hearts!
During the race to the title, she was asked in the Top 5 round by the jury as to what should be the highest paying profession according to her. The answer she gave melted a billion hearts and the jury was immediately in awe of her. What answer did she give?
Answering the question Manushi said, “I think a mother deserves the highest respect and when you talk about salary its not always about cash, but I feel its the love and the respect you give to someone. All mothers sacrifice for their kids. So, I think its the job of the mother that deserves the highest salary.”
She endorsed the Indian values and the fabric of family in the most beautiful manner and most importantly she did that at an international platform which adds immense pride to all Indians.